The schools of our consortium (5th Primary School of Florina “Theodoros Kastanos,” Experimental Primary School of Florina, and Primary School of Ydrousa) in collaboration with the Special Education Primary School, the Special Education Kindergarten of Florina and the Municipality of Florina organized events for the International Day of Persons with Disabilities on Friday, December 2, 2022, under the auspices of the Directorate of Primary Education of Florina.
In the morning, students from our consortium and pupils from the 4th and 5th Kindergartens of Florina visited the Special Elementary and Special Kindergarten of Florina. They participated in experiential activities to develop empathy for the everyday life of persons with disabilities.
In the afternoon, at the Multi-Purpose Hall of the Municipality of Florina, a meeting was held with the following guest speakers:
- Giaouri Stergiani, Associate Professor of the Department of Early Childhood Education at the University of Western Macedonia, specializing in the field of Special Education Psychology,
- Ginis Dimitrios, Commander of the Florina Traffic Department,
- Karipidis Dimitrios, Paralympic Swimming Champion, 4th Paralympic Swimmer at the Tokyo Games, and 3-time Silver Paralympic S1 Swimming World Champion
- Kosmidis Kosmas, Architect Engineer of the Municipality of Florina
- Tasopoulos Evangelos AMEA, a beneficiary of KEFIAP Florina
Share this content: